Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scotty Easter Egg Cozies


Scotty Easter Egg Cozies
Originally uploaded by vicrochet




Yellow Scottie Easter Egg Cozy

Mint Green Scottie Easter Egg Cozy

What better way to keep that darn ol' Easter bunny away from your basket than to let some cute pastel Scotties guard it?

These little cozies easily slide off and on for easy storage.



When I was a little girl coloring Easter eggs was a big event. I still remember the bowls of PAAS Easter egg dye in a rainbow of colors spread out on newspaper. Just trying to balance the egg in that wire egg holder was a challenge! It was messy but fun.

Mom would hide the eggs around our front and back yard and my sister and I would go on the hunt! It was especially exciting to find one that you had decorated yourself.

One year it rained so Mom hid the eggs around the house. It wasn't quite as fun but we didn't miss out on having our annual hunt. I guess Mom should have counted the eggs or kept better track of where she hid them. One wasn't found until a week or two later. Unfortunately, it was in a shoe box under my bed and the smell was blamed on ME until the culprit was discovered!

The fact that I hated hard-boiled eggs never played into the equation when it came to the colored Easter eggs. Looking back I now wonder what we actually did with all those colored boiled eggs after we found them?

Somehow that memory eludes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment